Mildred Chamblee is a Middle School Science Teacher with over 20 years experience. She currently hold a B.A. in Science and a Master's in Middle School Science Education.
Her interest in science began at childhood when she made a crystal radio to listen to Sputnik.
Over the past few years, she has participated in various educational programs.
* 1996 NEWMAST (Kennedy Space Center)
* 1997 Japan ( Social Science)
* 1998 Environmental - Canadian Dinosaurs
* 1998 NOAA Teacher At Sea
* 1999 Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Studies/Costa Rica
* 2000 NSF Bahamian Island Coral Reef Research
* 2000 Wright Fellowship Astronomy
* 2001 Astro-Vaganza University of Hawaii at Hilo
* 2001 SCI Environmental Leadership Workshop
Being a Solar System Ambassador has allowed her to put her community and students in touch with their inspirations to learn about their Universe. She truly enjoys this role.